Friday, May 15, 2015

Enjoy Tonkatsu in Ueno, Ameyoko during visiting museums, zoo, parks or market.

Yesterday I went to Ueno town in Tokyo to see art an exhibition of Indian Buddah arts in Tokyo national museum and another exhibition. Also an exhibition of national treasure "Chou jyu giga" which is old comical drawing of birds and animals is available in the national museum but it was very busy even in weekday so I did not join it. It is OK for me because I saw it in Kyoto national museum last year although it was very crowded as well. I do not know why but yesterday's Ueno park was busy with many young children but because of clear weather it was nice atmosphere and I was very comfortable.

As I wrote before at other blog on Aug 15.2014, there are many good Tonkatsu restaurants. So there was no reason not to have Tonkatsu yesterday. I went to "Tonpachi tei" located at narrow array in Ameyoko town which is famous as market town between Ueno and Okachimachi station of JR yamanote line.

It was very small restaurant and seems only one senior pair operates it. I heard it has been established since 60 years ago.
I ordered Rohs katsu teishoku(ロースカツ定食). The pork was thick and outside looks light yellow which means it was deep fried with low temperature oil. It was very juicy and tasty. I like it. If you go to Ueno or Ameyoko, please try Tonkatsu.





narrow allay where the restaurant is located.

The allay is called "Tanuki koji(たぬき小路)"

Busy Ameyoko market

Fish store in the market

Tonpachi tei (とん八亭)  

Address: 4-3-4 Ueno Taito ku, Tokyo  
Telephone:+81-(0)3-3831-4209
Close train station:
       5min. walk from Okachimachi station,
       10min. walk from Ueno station, Yamanote line, JR
Open from 1130 to 1430, 1700 to 2000 on week days
     from 1130 to 1500 ( Last order until 2130) on Saturday, Sunday, National holidays
Close on Monday
Credit card is not acceptable.

*Aug.05.2014 blog:



No comments:

Post a Comment