Sunday, April 19, 2015

Found nice local deep Izakaya in Kyoto. Even for Japanese it was great experience.

I have been In Kyoto many times and I always enjoyed good foods with various restaurants or bars. Kyoto is also good place not only for sight seeing but also for having foods especially for Washoku,Japanese cousin. This time I found very good izakaya, casual Japan style pub, bar called Fushimi. Because I liked to have fish dishes and I heard they served good one, I visited. And it was true that we could have very good fish dishes but I was surprised with atmosphere of that. Just they have only a counter table where people sit in very narrow space.
One senior lady is managing order talking with guests supported by some young guys. Because guests talked each other , it was a bit noisy at the small restaurant so you might feel a bit busy but I was comfortable and could enjoy local nice Izakaya feeling. 
They serve very good fresh raw fishes and also other meals like tempra , deep fried prawns, vegetables , etc. and small sushi pieces, etc. Each dish is large compared with usual Japan restaurants so please do not order many dishes once. First even I felt difficulty to find what I should order because they did no have menu book and we needed to see menu description on the wall in Japanese, which was not clear even for native Japanese. But I could manage looking at other people's dishes or talking with staffs. So foreigners should be difficult to order but I suppose young staffs can help you. Also two foreign guests were there although one could speak Japanese well. 


Deep fried prawn, the size is large.

Raw bamboo shoot

threadsail filefish, Very fresh, after eating raw main parts, 
rest of parts could be cooked like deep fired or boiled as miso soup 

Sushi


Fushimi(伏見)

Address: 76 HIgashi hairu 2chome, Sanjyo Ohashi, HIgashiyama ku, Kyoto shi, Kyoto fu
Telephone:+81-(0)75-751-7458 
Close train station:
       3min. walk from Keihan Sanjyo station, Tozai line, Kyoto subway
       1min. walk from Sanjyo Keihan station, Keihan honsen line
Open from 1700 to 2200 
Close on Sunday, National holidays ( Open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday even national holiday)
Credit cards is not accepted
Prior reservation is not available.

The facade



No comments:

Post a Comment